maandag 6 april 2009

Flipper development

Flipper!

This is an awesome puzzle-adventure game for Nintendo DSi-ware! How awesome ? so awesome I decided to drop out of school to work on it fulltime, no kidding. The game was originally planned as a triple A - NDS cartridge game, I even found a publisher that would fund the project and bring it to the mass. However, due to the economy crisis the publisher went bankrupt!

I still believe holy in the concept/game and thus I decided to transform it into a DSi-ware title (easier to publish) and kept on working!

Sure, development like this can be hard at times. I use to work for commercial game development studios doing 3D programming, which earned me a nice paycheck at the end of the month.

Now I’m indie and on my own.And the paychecks are gone (living from my savings).

But I finally found back the true romance of game development; Sitting behind your computer late at night eating cold leftover pizza while thinking up new puzzles for the game is just great!

And I just can’t imagine doing anything else besides indie gamedev!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten